THEY say criminals normally return to the scene of the crime.
Now, two Britons have been arrested after returning to a supermarket, which they allegedly robbed at gunpoint a few days earlier.
Daniel Rushton and Matthew Daly, both 25, were queuing for credit on their mobile phones when armed police swooped on February 2.
A stunned staff member at OpenCor supermarket in Puerto Banus recognised the men, who had been masked and wielding a metal bar, and called the police.
Detectives found balaclavas at the pair’s home, although neither has yet been charged.
They appeared in court in Marbella and are being investigated on suspicion of involvement in several other armed robberies on the Costa del Sol.
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00