TOURISTS will now be flocking to the Genal valley after a new bird route was unveiled as part of a multi-million euro project.
Benarraba will kick off the two-hour trail, the village is the centre of a 4.5m euro scheme designed to boost tourism within the Serrania.
The planned bird route, dubbed the Concoste – La Porta will pass through Cortes which will host special feeding zones for carrion birds.
Los Alcornocales national park in Cortes will also have a visitors’ centre and play area for children.
Local environmental officials also unveiled plans for a cork museum in Cortes and a Spanish War of Independence museum in Gaucin castle.
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00