Marbella has invested one million euros in a new international school, which will open in September.
The British School of Marbella will follow the English national curriculum and will initially cater for children aged two to six.
It will add an extra year group each year, until it covers children of all ages up to 18.
Marbella already has six international schools, and has the greatest number in Spain behind Madrid and Barcelona.
“The need for places at international schools in Marbella is on the increase,” said Michael Elms, Regional Development Manager for The British Schools Group.
“The British School of Marbella will bring added benefits to parents who are looking for a bilingual education for their children.”
The school will create 25 jobs and has been heralded as a symbol of Marbella’s economic recovery.
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00