A HEARTBROKEN ten-year-old has made a plea for her father to get in touch.
Distraught Morgan Robinson is beside herself after her father cut complete contact with her last year.
Morgan, who lives in Rotherham, Yorkshire, last heard from her father Gareth Robinson on her birthday in April last year.
“Morgan blames herself, and she thinks that her dad doesn’t love her anymore.”
However, she has since lost touch with the mechanic, who is believed to be living in the Alora area.
Gareth Robinson moved to Pizarra five years ago to start a new car mechanic business with his friend, Andrew Wilson.
The 39-year-old had seen his daughter every weekend since divorcing from her mother, Louise, in 2002.
And even after moving to Spain he continued to ring and text his daughter to tell her how much he loved her.
Two years ago, he promised his daughter he would come home at the beginning of 2009.
But without warning in May 2009, he stopped contacting her altogether.
“Morgan blames herself, and she thinks that her dad doesn’t love her anymore,” said Margaret Thompson, the distressed girl’s grandmother.
“On birthdays and Christmases she asks me: ‘Has anything come from my Dad?’ And when I have to tell her no, her eyes fill with tears.”
She is desperate for Robinson to get in touch with his daughter to end her heartache.
Robinson was last known to be working as a mechanic in Álora.
He is described as 5ft 7in tall with blonde, short hair and a scar down the right hand side of his face.
He also has a tattoo on his left arm with the name ‘Morgan’ inside a heart.
Do you know Gareth? Email [email protected] or call 951 166 060
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00