THE mother of a three-year-old toddler who received life-saving cancer treatment in the US has revealed “he is doing well”.
Brave Fletcher Falvey, from Torrox, was diagnosed with an aggressive malignant brain tumour last year.
But a successful appeal raised the necessary 130,000 euros to pay for the pioneering ‘Proton therapy’ treatment in Indiana.
And, after returning to the local Spanish school in January, Fletcher’s recovery has so far been positive.
“He has come on leaps and bounds since we got back from America, he is now talking and is a pleasure to be around,” said Andrea.
“He has to have an MRI scan every two months and the two undertaken so far have both come back clear.”
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00