SPAIN’S largest wind-turbine manufacturer, Gamesa, has announced they are to set up shop in Britain.
The news comes as David Cameron has declared the UK intends to become a world leader in offshore wind energy.
The British Prime Minister said in a statement: “We’re committing public money to ensure we have the infrastructure that attracts major manufacturers to come here and build their offshore wind turbines.”
And he announced the government may invest as much as 60 million pounds to achieve their goal.
Now, the Spanish manufacturer has made public their plans to establish an offshore technology centre in Britain as part of a major plan to concentrate its offshore wind power division in the UK.
The 2011 plan, is set to create over 1,000 jobs with the global offshore business headquartered in London.
In addition, the group announced it aims to develop logistics operations and maintenance services at several ports across the UK investing 150 million euros by 2014.
Gamesa chairman Jorge Calvet said: “The U.K.’s decision to enact an ambitious offshore plan, along with the country’s support for foreign investment and the availability of large ports convinced us to base the global headquarters of our offshore activity in the U.K.”
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00