By Amie Keeley
IT is certainly one of the more unusual properties for sale.
Due to the current downturn a successful Mijas-based residential home has been put up for sale.
Offered exclusively on leading property website www.allaboutandaluciaproperty.com , Costa Care Retirement Services was set-up in 1992 when its British owner Gordon Blackburn saw a lack of care services for elderly expats.
He and his late wife Pam set about converting two studio apartments connected to their villa into a fully-equipped nursing home for retired people.
The couple quickly found his business to be in high demand, but following the collapse of his mortgage lender, they have been forced to put it on the market to repay the outstanding debt.
Despite still receiving enquiries from retired expats looking for care homes, the recession could bring about its end unless someone invests in its future.
Blackburn, who previously worked in the UK as a care home inspector, is willing to help any purchaser who is interested in buying the home and continuing the good work he and his family have achieved. “I think it would be a veiy good investment as the business is doing well and will continue to make money,” he explained.
The property is one of thousands for sale direct to the buyer via the Olive Press’s new property portal.
For more information visit www.allaboutandaluciaproperty.com
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33