By Jon Clarke, Publisher and Editor
THERE are certainly exciting times ahead. 2011 will hopefully be the year that Spain finally comes out of recession. Oh my, haven’t we waited long enough.
It will also be the fifth year of the Olive Press and the year that the newspaper finally comes of age.
As well as immediate plans to consolidate our distribution along the Costa del Sol, we will be bringing new websites to the market.
The first, www.allaboutandalucia.com, will be aimed at local expatriates looking to get the best out of the region, or tourists trying to find the best of what Andaiucia has to offer. It will certainly be an innovative and exciting new tool.
We also mustn’t forget our recently launched property portal www.allaboutandaluciaproperty.com, which has exceeded all expectations. Offering thousands of properties for sale direct to the public, it is now getting tens of thousands of visitors each month.
And best of all, our website www.theolivepress.es keeps on getting better.
With its new blogging section (www.theolivepress.es/category/blogs), it is no wonder that the Olive Press online is now regularly receiving 60,000 unique visitors a month. Along with the newspaper it has helped to see the OP increase its annual turnover by 50 per cent in 2010.
There is certainly reason to be cheerful as we reach the end of another fabulous year.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33