THREE Britons have been arrested in Marbella on suspicion of kidnapping.
The incident took place last weekend when the victim was shopping with a friend in Malaga.
Two strangers approached the man and forced him into a car at gun point demanding 104,000 euros.
The hostage was then taken to a shed attached to a house in Benahavis.
But National Police working with the Drugs and Organised Crime Unit were able to arrest the two men and a woman on the same day following a tip off from a member of the public.
During the operation, officers seized a firearm and other evidence, which have now been sent for forensic analysis.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46