SHE has more recognized titles than any other noble in the world.
Some six times a duchess, 10 times a countess, 24 times a marquise, and the ‘grandest of grandees’, she is even entitled to sit and wear her hat in the presence of the Spanish king.
So the big question is who will bow to whom when the Duchess of Alba, Cayetana Fitz-James Stuart, meets the British Queen this week.
The duchess, famous for her jet set lifestyle, is attending a Gala Concert and Dinner at Buckingham Palace following an invite from His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales.
Today’s event is in aid of the Prince’s Foundation for Children and the Arts and the Duchess will be accompanied by her children Cayetano and Eugenia.
But the protocol between the Duchess and the British Royals is still something of a mystery.
It may in fact be the turn of Queen Elizabeth II to bow down to the woman included on Vanity Fairs best dressed list in 2009.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46