LOCAL police have confirmed to the Olive Press that the main suspects in the Maria Esther murder case are four teenagers from the village.
It came after the country’s leading crime reporter Nacho Abad broke the news on Telecinco last night.
Today he confirmed that he was “100 per cent” behind the story.
Traces of skin and hair found under the fingernails of the dead girl have been found to match a teenager in the gang she hung around with.
But the evidence reveals more than one person was involved.
It is now believed Maria Esther, who would have turned 14 yesterday, was hit three times over the head with a large stone while someone else held her from behind.
A local policeman told the Olive Press that the four suspects were “not well educated and could be violent.”
They are believed to be between the ages of 16 and 20.
According to Telecinco’s Abad arrests are now imminent.
“It’s just a question of time,” he said.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46