A SPANISH stage production of Hair is in danger of going up in smoke.
The show in Barcelona is facing stiff fines for allowing cast members to smoke on stage as part of the show.
It comes after the Public Health Agency received complaints from members of the public.
Now, the agency has sent a letter to those responsible warning them of the risks of allowing people to smoke inside the theatre.
But director Roger Peña has labelled the warning ‘odd’ and ‘ridiculous’.
“Yes the actors smoke, but not tobacco, just herbs such as basil and walnut leaves,” he explained.
“They do so because the musical takes place in the era of the hippies and they all smoked in that era.
“If we carry on like this we are going to end up banning all films in which people smoke.
“We will have to take away Humphrey Bogart’s cigarette,” he added.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46