BRITISH boy band singer Duncan James has been hit with a hefty lawsuit over allegedly unpaid fees on a luxury apartment near Marbella.
The 32-year-old singer from Blue – who had three number ones with the band – is being sued for 25,000 euros in maintenance charges by Majestic Hills property developers.
The builders claim he has failed to pay anything towards community charges after buying his four-bedroom flat in 2006. Former president of Majestic Hills development, Michael Lewis, said: “He hasn’t paid a penny towards any service charges for five vears.
“It has left the other residents footing the bill.”
James, who formed Blue in 2000 with fellow bandmate Antony Costa, is getting back with the band to perform the UK’s entry for the Eurovision Song Contest in Germany in May.
“Maybe he’s reforming Blue so he can pay some of his bills,” said Lewis. “I know he’s been doing the National Lottery Show on TV as well, but the odds of the community getting its money back are about as slim as me winning the jackpot,” Lewis added.
A spokesman for James insisted: “The matter is in the hands of his lawyers who are working out the exact amount owed which, when agreed, he will duly pay.”
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33