THE EU is set to investigate Gibraltar’s plans to expand into the sea.
In a further rift between the two neighbouring communities, the investigation follows a complaint from La Linea town hall.
It comes after mayor Alejandro Sánchez and PP boss Javier Arenas presented their complaint in Brussels.
In a 100-page document they claimed La Línea is suffering ‘verifiable damage to its beaches because of the proximity of the landfills’.
Now the President of the EU Petitions Committee, Erminia Mazzoni, has confirmed a preliminary investigation into the landfill expansion will go ahead.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46