MULTI-Grammy Award winner George Benson is set to make a triumphant return to the Costa del Sol.
The jazz legend, who enjoys a strong fan base on the coast, will play a one-off show at the Puente Romano Hotel in Marbella on June 25.
“I love Marbella, it’s such a beautiful place with so many great memories for me and I can’t believe that it’s nearly six years since I last performed there,” the triple-platinum artist said. “Time flies I guess.”
The former child prodigy, best known for his 1976 hit album Breezin’, is famous for never having a set list.
“I play it by ear, it all depends on the audience,” the 68-year-old said.
“You gotta give them what they want. Some want to sit and listen, some want to dance but knowing how Marbella loves to party I’ve got a pretty good idea which one it’ll be,” he joked.
Benson was discovered at an early age by jazz great Wes Montgomery and has an eclectic musical style including soul, jazz and R&B.
The American’s hits include On Broadway, Turn Your Love Around and Never Gonna Give Up On a Good Thing.
Tickets from 30 euros. Call 951 082 134 for information.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46