A MANIAC who went on the rampage killing 76 people in Norway on Friday, had a dangerous obsession with Spain.
In a 1,500-word diatribe posted on the internet two hours before the massacre, Anders Behring Breivik, 32, insisted Spain had ‘surrendered to Muslims and to mass immigration’.
Describing Prime Minister Zapatero as a ‘weasel’, the far right fanatic insisted he had only come to power because of Al Qaeda.
The son of divorced Norwegian diplomats, Breivik mentioned Spain no fewer than 92 times in his haunting rant that preceeded the shooting of dozens of children.
In particular, he claimed that Spain’s Socialists have the ‘fantasy vision’ of converting Europe into a ‘utopia of post-modern multiculturalism’.
He also claimed that Spain had forgotten its past in an apparent reference to the reconquest, when Christian Spain ejected the Muslims from the country.
Spain’s Prime Minister Zapatero expressed sorrow at the tragedy, while meeting with UK PM David Cameron.
The crazed killer has now admitted carrying out the twin attacks in Norway on Friday, in which he detonated a car bomb in Oslo and massacred many more at an island youth camp.
Breivik will now be remanded in custody for the next eight weeks awaiting trial.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02