A BRITISH dance act has stolen the show at the biggest music concert in Andalucia this summer.
English electronic wizards The Prodigy played to an estimated 27,000 fans in Jerez this weekend.
Now in their 21st year together, the live five-piece looked as fresh and energetic as ever as they headlined the annual Creamfields festival.
Continually thanking the predominantly Spanish crowd, singer and dancer Keith Flint was clearly overjoyed when one fan threw him a Spanish football shirt with his name on the back.
It is the second time they have appeared at Creamfields, which is an offshoot of the UK festival.
The Prodigy certainly rocked the Jerez motor racing circuit, and it was extraordinary to see such an energetic and appreciative following from the local Spaniards.
In particular, the crowd loved their hugely popular hits including Firestarter, Omen and Warriors Dance.
They were a hard act to follow, but somehow, Belgian duo 2manydjs were able to get energy levels up again with their very fast-paced and visual performance. Their live set even included a song by the Prodigy.
This response suggests that electronic-dance music can be a universal language.
The festival also included DJ sets from Paul Van Dyk, Armin Van Buuren and Eric Prydz over the two consecutive days, which were split into two 12-hour periods of non-stop dance music.
- Why the friendly team at Edwards Estates find selling in Frigiliana a breeze - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- What are the betting odds for Brexit - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 09:45
- 11 Reasons Why Over 75,000 International Students Choose to Study in Spain - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:05
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08