A BRITISH dance act has stolen the show at the biggest music concert in Andalucia this summer.
English electronic wizards The Prodigy played to an estimated 27,000 fans in Jerez this weekend.
Now in their 21st year together, the live five-piece looked as fresh and energetic as ever as they headlined the annual Creamfields festival.
Continually thanking the predominantly Spanish crowd, singer and dancer Keith Flint was clearly overjoyed when one fan threw him a Spanish football shirt with his name on the back.
It is the second time they have appeared at Creamfields, which is an offshoot of the UK festival.
The Prodigy certainly rocked the Jerez motor racing circuit, and it was extraordinary to see such an energetic and appreciative following from the local Spaniards.
In particular, the crowd loved their hugely popular hits including Firestarter, Omen and Warriors Dance.
They were a hard act to follow, but somehow, Belgian duo 2manydjs were able to get energy levels up again with their very fast-paced and visual performance. Their live set even included a song by the Prodigy.
This response suggests that electronic-dance music can be a universal language.
The festival also included DJ sets from Paul Van Dyk, Armin Van Buuren and Eric Prydz over the two consecutive days, which were split into two 12-hour periods of non-stop dance music.
- British RAF pilot brings new – and MUCH cheaper – property listing concept to Spain - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 17:21
- Spain’s Supreme Court bans historic bull hunting and spearing tradition in Castilla y Leon - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 11:00
- Malaga’s ‘Banksy’ attracts world attention replicating masterpieces on the streets of Spain and Europe - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00
- M1 Legal is stacking up the victories against Spain’s Timeshare giants - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:13
- How to Improve Academic Writing Skills for UK University Admission - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 09:37
- Giant electricity pylons rampaging across the valley vista in Sierra Nevada - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 18:57
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05