By Wendy Williams
DOZENS of expats are furious after been left without water in the hottest months of the year.
Residents in La Vinuela are demanding answers after being cut off – some for as long as five weeks – due to a ‘lack of supply’.
“People are very angry but there is nothing you can do,” said Ian McKenzie, 68, who has lived in La Vinuela for eight years.
“Every year the water cuts off for maybe two or three days at a time but it has never been as bad as this.”
“The mayor claims the town hall is buying two million litres of water a day but I don’t know where it is going, something doesn’t add up.” Another resident Janet Hayden, 65, added: “Apparently the water is being sent to Los Romanos who are using too much.We are now getting water delivered by a truck but it is completely ridiculous.
Now the local Popular Party has called a town meeting to discuss the situation with nearly a hundred residents attending.
It comes just months after PP spokesman Alejandro Morales denounced PSOE‘s attitude towards the problem.
In particular he criticised the situation in which the La Vinuela reservoir – which is currently 92 per cent full – supplies water to Malaga but not to La Vinuela or Los Romanos who get their water from Alcaucin.
But when the Olive Press spoke to the town hall in La Vinuela, a spokesman insisted they were working to solve the problem.
“The basic issue is that there is a limited supply of water and people are using too much.
“We don’t know how long people will be without water for but we are working on solving the problem as quickly as we can.”
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46