A BRITISH fugitive has been arrested in Spain on suspicion of 18 counts of child sex abuse.
The suspect – named only as L.K. – allegedly abused teenagers who worked for him at his newsagents in Bath between 1996 and 1999.
The 60 year old was arrested in Torres de Segre near Lleida after 11 years on the run and now faces 18 counts of abuse against teenagers aged between 13 and 15 in the UK.
He was previously charged with seven counts of abuse in 1999, against two girls and a boy, and was released on bail pending trial in 2000.
But he failed to appear in court and so a warrant was issued for his arrest.
The man hunt was recently stepped up after a Bristol court reopened the case when police in Avon and Somerset confirmed the suspect had assaulted two other children who had previously denied the abuse.
A further eleven counts have now been added to his initial charge.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46