SALVADOR Dali once called her the most beautiful woman in the world.
But in a bizarre twist the 1600-year-old Dama de Elche has now been voted the sexiest Spanish woman of all time.
Hundreds of thousands of people voted in a poll run by FHM to declare the face behind the fourth century Iberian bust officially sexier than Spanish beauties Penelope Cruz, Sara Montiel and Paz Vega.
The bust – discovered in 1897 by a local farmer at L’Alcúdia archaeological site – also beat other historic figures such as Isabel de Borbon who was well renowned for her beauty.
But the magazine has since decided her victory was the result of a joke or someone hacking the website and so has re-launched the competition.
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27