HE was a contemporary of Pablo Picasso and one of the most outstanding artists from the last century.
Now for the first time in 20 years an exhibition showcasing Alberto Giacometti’s varied career is being brought to Malaga’s Picasso Museum.
Alberto Giacometti: A Retrospective will feature 169 original artworks by the Swiss artist and 20 photographs documenting his work.
While it is difficult to classify, his style has been deemed crucial to understanding the development of the avant-garde and the subsequent evolution of contemporary art.
More than anything this fascinating exhibition serves to celebrate the breadth of Giacometti’s achievement as a painter, sculptor, printmaker, and draughtsman.
The exhibition will be held at the Picasso Museum Malaga from October 17 until February 5, 2012.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02