By James Bryce
Spanish actor Javier Bardem has announced he will play the villain in the next James Bond film.
The Oscar-winner, who is married to fellow Spaniard Penelope Cruz, will follow in the footsteps of iconic baddies including Oddjob and Jaws for the role in Bond 23.
The actor is no stranger to playing the bad guy following his portrayal of a serial killer in No Country for Old Men.
“I am very excited,” he said.
“My parents took me to watch the movies and I saw all of them. So to play that is going to be fun. They chose me to play this man, but I cannot give you many details.”
The film – which will see Daniel Craig resume his role as Bond – is being directed by Sam Mendes and is scheduled for release in November 2012.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02