THE largest ever gathering of Costa del Sol-based foreign journalists and media professionals has marked the start of the Costa Press Club’s tenth anniversary year.
Over 100 people from 15 countries working in the press and media industries attended an ‘open house’ evening.
The event was hosted at the Hotel Don Carlos, Marbella and was a chance for members of the Press Club to invite guests who also work in the media across a whole range of activities, from the largest publications and broadcasters on the coast to the smallest freelance agencies. Also in attendance were councillors responsible for foreign residents and the press from Marbella and Fuengirola town halls.
The strong turnout included three representatives from the Olive Press.
Introducing the event, the president of the Costa Press Club, Jesper Sander Pedersen, explained to guests that the club is celebrating its 10th anniversary next year and added that he was looking forward to welcoming several new members as a result of the ‘open house’.
Jesper said “The response to the event shows how strong the journalistic community is here and highlights the huge role we media people play in supporting the international and national residents. The club is really looking forward to the next 10 years! New members are welcome to apply to join.”
The Costa Press Club delivers a forum where like-minded media professionals can exchange ideas, engage in informed discussion, seek advice, and make local, national and international media connections.
It also offers members a full social calendar of events, including monthly Costa Press Club dinners with guest speakers and the annual Communicator Award.
To find out more please visit www.costapressclub.com
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33