A STUNNING country estate where Lady Diana is said to have stayed can now be rented for a cool 29,500 euros a week in summer.
The Torre de Tramores finca, near Benahavis, has been opened to the public in a bid to raise some extra funds for the UK’s influential Goldsmith family.
It comes as MP Zac Goldsmith, 35, goes through a costly, high–profile divorce from wife Sheherazade.
His fortune – estimated to be over 300 million euros – is tied up in a family trust, forcing his mum Lady Annabel Goldsmith to put the estate up for rent from 22,000 euros a week.
The stunning property – where billionaire financier James Goldsmith chose to die after losing his battle with pancreatic cancer in 1997 – sleeps 19 in two separate villas.
As well as three swimming pools, a helicopter landing pad and a tennis court, it counts its own Arabic tower.
The estate has seen a string of celebrities pass through, including the late Princess Diana, who allegedly stayed there with close friend Jemima Khan.
The historical property could be threatened by a plan to build a motorway between Ronda and San Pedro, which would go via Benahavis.
Goldsmith is facing a divorce payout worth tens of millions after he was linked to the blonde heiress Alice Rothschild, 26.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46