JUNTA environment chiefs fear a plan to demolish the controversial Algarrobico Hotel could be scrapped if the PP wins this week’s regional elections.
Jose Diaz Trillo fears that central government is dragging its feet on the agreed demolition of the Almeria hotel that was built on protected land near Carboneras.
Despite the Junta signing an agreement with the previous PSOE government back in November, nothing has happened.
“We think the same thing is happening as with the budget – they’re not saying anything till after March 25,” he said.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02