SALAD dodgers have been on red alert at British School of Marbella this week.
For it was the start of Healthy Living Week where pupils suddenly found themselves surrounded by more exercise classes and sport than you could shake a celery stick at.
Teachers organised a gruelling barrage of events including the annual sports day, Zumba classes, a football workshop and lessons on eating healthily.
But to get the ball rolling was Malaga’s winger and goal scorer extraordinaire Santi Cazorla who took time out of his busy training schedule to organise a football skills workshop on the school’s football pitch.
The Spanish national team player, whose son attends the school, put pupils through their paces while showing off a few moves he plans to use against Atletico Madrid next Sunday.
Youngsters also learned Zumba after Princess Studio’s Gabriela Cantos gave them a taste of the high energy dance class.
But it wasn’t just pupils getting their groove on.
For the last few weeks most of the school’s teachers have been descending en masse to Gabby’s Booiaka class in Nueva Andalucia to shape up for the summer after a ‘good Christmas’.
And at the end of the week is the second annual BSM Sports Day.
It boasts such legendary, adrenaline fuelled events as the egg and spoon race, sack race, relay race and the hotly anticipated parents and teachers competitions.
Word on the playground is that the BSM running club leader Carlos Pulido is confident of winning the sprint, especially after headteacher Sian Andrews had to pull out of the Madrid Marathon this month with a knee injury.
But it has not gone unnoticed that some parents and teachers have been spotted visiting the gym and doing evening runs more frequently in recent weeks.
It can only be assumed that this is so that they will be victorious in what has to be Marbella’s most eagerly awaited sporting event in recent years.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46