EXCLUSIVE By James Bryce
A BRITON is suing a pet transport company after it lost her cat while travelling between Spain and the UK.
Jane Rolfe, 35, from Windsor, paid nearly 2,000 euros for her six cats and one dog to be transported by Marbella-based firm EasyPet.
But upon delivery of the animals to her home, Rolfe was informed that one cat Cookie had escaped from its travel box at the French port of Calais.
The PA and her husband Paul, 39, insist their pet could not have escaped if the firm had transported the animals in the pre-agreed travel pens.
“I am heartbroken,” Rolfe told the Olive Press.
“If they had handled the situation better it wouldn’t have been as bad but it makes me so angry.
“They claimed the animals would be transported in travel pens for the entire journey, but then told me he had escaped from a domestic box which was dropped,” continued the mother, who returned to the UK after living for five years in Sotogrande.
“I just don’t want anyone to experience what I and my family have over the last few weeks,” she added.
According to a spokeswoman for EasyPet the accident happened when Cookie was moved into a domestic box in order to have its microchip scanned more easily and was not dropped.
“Cookie was stressed and the front of the box broke off due to him moving around so much,” she said.
“We spent several days looking for him.”
She continued: “We realise that no amount of money can replace a pet.
“We have not lost a package or furniture but part of someone’s family. We feel bad enough, I can assure you.”
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02