MICHELLE Obama’s 2010 sojourn in Marbella with her daughter Sasha cost a staggering 379,000 euros.
Judicial Watch, a group dedicated to investigating corruption, has revealed the figures and denounced the excessive cost of the five-day holiday.
It comes despite the White House insisting the Obama’s personally footed the bill for the trip in August 2010.
The Olive Press was the only newspaper to talk to the ‘world’s most powerful woman,’ when we got to ask two questions during a tour of Marbella old town. She told the paper she was ‘having a good time’ and learning some Spanish.
She stayed at Villa Padierna Spa, which costs up to 5000 euros a night.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46