HAVING cut his teeth working for hotel and catering entrepreneur Rocco Forte in the UK, Rudi Heer is just the man to make a new restaurant work in Spain.
At the helm of Bella Vista in Manilva, the 56-year-old Swiss chef also worked for the Sheraton hotel chain in Malawi and Kuwait.
“So while this is a challenge, it isn’t too tricky,” he explains.
Based at the new Bella Vista campsite next to the A7, the menu has a Mediterranean fusion slant with plenty of fresh fish.
Ingredients are bought each day and there is an excellent value three course lunch, with a good selection of vegetarian dishes, including tomato and Mozzarella salad.
Thanks to Rudi’s good taste in wines there are also some chestnuts from Pouilly Fuisse and St.Emilion, in France, as well as a Malbec from Argentina.
And there is even a great Verdejo from Spain for under €10.
The campsite is owned by British businessman Phil Morgan, who owns the successful Lakeland Leisure company.
The modern campsite sits right by the sea, close to Duquesa Port, with good facilities.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46