MILLIONS of customers across Spain are set to be hit by a rise in the price of electricity, natural gas and butane.
The 20 million customers supplied by the Tarifa de Ultimo Recurso (TUR) will see an average increase of 3.95 per cent on their electricity bill.
Meanwhile, the price of natural gas has risen by 2.26 per cent which translates as an average increase of €14.89 a year.
A cylinder of butane will now cost you €16.45 on average, an increase of 5.92 per cent or more.
The price rise comes as Spain tries to tackle its massive debt crisis.
- Maximilian Bartie - 4 Sep, 2012 @ 14:20
- Making a splash around Andalucia - 3 Sep, 2012 @ 14:22
- Andalucia’s open-air cuisine - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 14:04
- Corruption probe over illegal licence for Benalmadena apartment complex - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:50
- Classes for parents aim to combat fatigue in children - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:48
- Andalucia dubbed a birdwatcher’s paradise - 1 Sep, 2012 @ 09:20
- Meeting the Spanish ‘Robin Hood’ - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 14:00
- Spain turns volume down - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 10:54
- A new look for Spaniard Penelope Cruz - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 09:00
- Worker dies in Benalmadena rubbish accident - 30 Aug, 2012 @ 13:16