A BRITISH schoolgirl has been left with a badly swollen face after a terrifying allergic reaction to cheap sunglasses while on holiday in Spain.
Laura Musson has said she thought she would die after her head, eyes and nose swelled to twice their normal size.
Doctors told her she had suffered severe allergic reactions and confirmed plastic in the sunglasses, she had bought for just €1.20 from a High Street shop, was the most likely cause.
Now she wants to warn other holidaymakers about the dangers of wearing cheap sunglasses.
“It was terrifying. I honestly thought I would die,” explained Musson, who was celebrating finishing her A Levels on holiday in Mallorca.
“I looked like a different person, like I had been badly beaten up.
“It was the first time we’d ever been abroad without our parents but it was totally ruined by a pair of £1 sunglasses.
“Don’t buy them it’s not worth it.”
- Maximilian Bartie - 4 Sep, 2012 @ 14:20
- Making a splash around Andalucia - 3 Sep, 2012 @ 14:22
- Andalucia’s open-air cuisine - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 14:04
- Corruption probe over illegal licence for Benalmadena apartment complex - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:50
- Classes for parents aim to combat fatigue in children - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:48
- Andalucia dubbed a birdwatcher’s paradise - 1 Sep, 2012 @ 09:20
- Meeting the Spanish ‘Robin Hood’ - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 14:00
- Spain turns volume down - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 10:54
- A new look for Spaniard Penelope Cruz - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 09:00
- Worker dies in Benalmadena rubbish accident - 30 Aug, 2012 @ 13:16