SPAIN has ousted France as Britons’ favourite destination for buying property overseas.
According to the Overseas Guides Company (OGC), Spain’s low house prices have meant the country has become even more attractive to foreign buyers in recent months.
The OGC said one in five enquiries for the second quarter of 2012 came for the country of paella and flamenco – with a 37% increase in interest compared to the first quarter.
France meanwhile dropped into second place, with the USA, Portugal and Italy following behind.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02