A BRITISH man has described the moment he saved the life of a 12-year-old boybeing ripped apart by a boat’s propeller.
Lawrence Harridge, 47, from Tiptree in Essex, was holidaying with family on Maro beach near Nerja when he saw a power boat bobbing on and off the rocks, clearly out of control.
“We then saw there was a boy in the water,” said Harridge, who works in asbestos management. “The water was red. It was like a scene from a horror film.”
The courageous Briton dived straight into the water to help the youngster and lifted him into another boat where his wife, Vanessa, did her best to stem the bleeding.
The youngster received horrific injuries to his abdomen, arm and both legs.
His condition was stabilised on the beach and he was later airlifted to Malaga children’s hospital where he is currently being treated.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36