BULLFIGHTING is set to continue in France – despite a high-profile celebrity campaign against it.
The Paris Constitutional Council ruled the Spanish bloodsport will continue to be legal because of a ‘long tradition’ which ‘cannot be ignored’.
50s pin-up Bridgitte Bardot (left) was just one of the celebrity campaigners who joined animal rights groups in launching a legal challenge in court.
They argued that France’s animal protection laws should apply equally across the country – and include bullfighting – but their case was rejected by the Council.
- Spanish Mirador bosses sentenced to two years in prison - 29 Oct, 2012 @ 08:30
- Woman searching for cousin on Costa del Sol - 26 Oct, 2012 @ 16:05
- Spanish test driver recalls UK crash ordeal - 25 Oct, 2012 @ 08:00
- The hiking trails of Mijas - 24 Oct, 2012 @ 09:30
- Estepona hospital plan back on the go - 21 Oct, 2012 @ 15:38
- Spanish scientists to explore Saturn moon - 21 Oct, 2012 @ 08:16
- Things that go bump in the night: Spanish ghosts and ghouls - 20 Oct, 2012 @ 11:53
- Spectacular Sayalonga - 18 Oct, 2012 @ 09:30
- British man found dead in Spain after yacht capsizes - 16 Oct, 2012 @ 14:19
- What your egg says about you - 14 Oct, 2012 @ 17:00