AXARQUIA Rugby Club will face British troops as part of a battalion farewell tour.
The 19 Close Service Support Battalion (19 CSS Bn) have been stationed in Afghanistan for the last two years but are due to be disbanded in December.
To mark the end of working together, the soldiers are heading to Spain to play Axarquia and CD Loja in a three-way tournament on Saturday (Oct 13).
The under 17 teams will also hold exhibition matches in between the main games.
After the rugby, nearby El Cruce Restaurant is offering a meal and drinks for just €10 per person.
Axarquia coach Michael Reeve, said: “The evening will be a great festival of rugby, a lot of fun and a great chance to support the British Army.”
Free entry, kick-off at 5pm at the Fernando Hierro Stadium in Velez-Malaga.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36