THE annual Poppy Appeal is hoping to raise thousands of euros in Andalucia to help servicemen and women.
The Royal British Legion in Spain raised €88,765 last year, with all of the money going towards helping Armed Forces personnel both past and present, as well as their families.
During the past year, money raised through the Poppy Appeal has provided €2 million in welfare support for 165,000 people.
“This year we hope to raise more than ever and we thank all who donated their time, effort and money here in southern Spain,” said a spokesman for the Royal British Legion.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02