SPAIN continues to be among the most popular destinations in the world for foreign property buyers.
The HiFX Property Hotspots survey found 19% of potential buyers are keen to snap up a Spanish home, compared with 16% when the same survey was conducted in March.
However, experienced buyers were more cautious, with only 9% stating they would consider investing in Spain.
The USA came third in the poll, ahead of Italy, Cyprus, Portugal and Switzerland.
“Spain is still popular with Britons who are hoping to take advantage of lower property prices,” said HiFX director Mark Bodega.
“In years gone by bargain-hunters would focus inland, particularly looking for rundown properties that needed some work.”
He added: “As inland prices have fallen for the most part this is still true.
“However, prices have fallen on the coast dramatically as well giving bargain-hunters plenty of choice.”
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02