By James Bryce
A BRITISH expat has been crowned champion of a prestigious motor racing event despite starting the weekend third in the competition.
Peter Bowerman, from Marbella, claimed the Andalucian Classic GTI Touring Car Championship 2012 at Ascari Race Resort, near Ronda, after a nail-biting final weekend of the season.
The 45-year-old, originally from Chigwell in Essex, won both races over the weekend to secure the title after narrowly missing out last year.
Bowerman, director of property firm distressedsalesspain.com, was competing as part of the Marbella Racing Drivers Club (MRDC) alongside fellow expats Stephen Pattrick and Hans Peter Dalen.
“I am very happy to have won, it was quite a turnaround at the end after starting the day in third,” Bowerman told the Olive Press.
“I love how competitive the racing is; it’s great fun.”
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02