A POLICEMAN seriously injured after being shot in Gibraltar is recovering in hospital after leaving intensive care.
The 38-year-old Gibraltar Defence Police officer is receiving specialist treatment in Spain after been shot in the abdomen at Europa Point on Tuesday.
Three men in their 30s arrested on suspicion of attempted murder are continuing to help police with their enquiries after a magistrate agreed to give officers more time to question the trio.
Two guns have been recovered, one from the sea bed, while six vehicles have been seized and nine properties searched on the Rock.
The shooting of the unnamed officer, who was off-duty at the time, is not thought to be linked to his work.
Police have appealed for anybody in the area of Europa Point on Tuesday between 3pm and 5.30pm to call 00350 200 72500.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02