GARY Lineker has paid for a private jet to fly his sick mum from Spain to Britain for treatment.
The Match of the Day host grew concerned for mum Margaret, 73, who now lives in Spain.
She had been hooked up to a drip in Tarragona Hospital near Barcelona after becoming ill.
The ex-footballer, preferring that she was cared for in the UK, paid for a private jet to take her and his brother Wayne, who owns a bar in Marbella, to a UK hospital.
A source close to Gary, 52, said: “He couldn’t bear to think of his mum in a foreign hospital when he can afford luxury healthcare here.”
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50