By Kathryn Richardson
GIBRALTAR’S Chief Minister has been invited to speak at The Sunday Times Oxford Literary Festival next month.
The invitation precedes Gibraltar’s first International Literary Festival in October.
The Hon Fabian Picardo MP is a graduate of Oxford University’s Oriel College.
The title of his talk is “Deconstructing Self Determination” which concentrates on the UN General Assembly’s resolutions for decolonisation.
Mr Picardo said: “It is time to bust the myth that a sovereignty dispute over a territory can exclude the application of a fundamental human right to the people of the territory.”
He will be joined by several other authors and speakers at the event from March 16-24.
The Chief Minister will give his speech in the Bodleian Library’s Convocation House on March 23 at 4pm.
For tickets visit www.oxfordliteraryfestival.org
- Fruit growers fight to safeguard Costa produce - 8 Mar, 2013 @ 12:35
- More bad weather to come in Andalucia - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 14:29
- Axarquia shop owners to dress windows as part Easter celerations - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 13:21
- New app offers UK children’s programmes in Spanish - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 10:18
- The ladies who made a difference - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 13:56
- Money over the bridge - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 09:10
- €400 incentive to increase youth employment - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 09:00
- Donkeys’ star status won’t save them from eviction - 4 Mar, 2013 @ 16:40
- Looking at the Labyrinth - 1 Mar, 2013 @ 14:36
- Ticket to the States! - 1 Mar, 2013 @ 12:00