By Frances Leate
POLICE have renewed an appeal to trace a man who went missing during a trip to Spain from the UK more than 12 years ago.
Greater Manchester police are appealing to the public for any information that might help trace Ian Watson, who has been missing since October 2000.
Mr Watson, 65, is a white man, 5ft 11ins tall, medium build, with wavy grey hair and blue eyes.
At the time of his disappearance he is thought to have been clean shaven.
He was last seen in the Oriheula area and had travelled there to finalise the purchase of a villa.
He arrived in Spain on October 14 and hired a car to take him to the villa at Lomas De Don Juan on the Oriheula Costa.
On October 16 he made several calls to his family in the UK but since that date there has been no further contact.
Julie Potts, missing person safeguarding officer with Greater Manchester Police, said: “It has now been several years since Ian was reported missing.
“If anyone reading this has any information concerning his whereabouts, I urge them to get in touch with Greater Manchester Police.”
If you have any information please call 0044 161 856 8499 or email [email protected]
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50