By Frances Leate
A DAD of two who has been told he has just six days to six months to live is appealing for help to get back to the UK and spend his last days with his children.
Omar Rahmoun, 54, has lived in Zujar, in Andalucía, for nine years running a computer shop.
Just last month he was told he had a tumour in both his lungs and within a few weeks the cancer had spread to his pancreas, intestines, kidneys and both lungs.
Now a close friend is helping him to sell his shop’s stock and find someone to drive him back to Nottingham where he can spend his last days with his sons, Kamal, 20, and Malik, 11.
Close family friend, Eric Skilton, 69, said: “I asked him what I could do for him and this was his last wish.
“It’s all there is left. Of course I would like there to be a miracle and see him get better but that’s not going to happen and so failing that his very last wish is to spend his last days as happy as he can be with his children in Britain.”
The family is now in the process of getting emergency travel documentation from the British Embassy in Spain because his passport has expired and it takes too long to get it renewed.
Omar, who uses oxygen for 20 hours a day because his lungs have failed, can not fly so his only hope is that an Olive Press reader may come forward who can drive him home.
Mr Skilton said: “We are hoping someone is travelling back to the Nottingham area soon and that they would be kind enough to take him.”
If anyone can help please contact Mr Skilton on 958 063 074 or email: [email protected]
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50