MARBELLA-resident, Sir Mark Thatcher, has announced the death of his famous politician mother today.
The businessman, who has lived in the hills above the Costa del Sol town for a decade, flew back to the UK to be at her bedside.
Thatcher – most famous for his involvment in the lucrative Al-Yamamah arms deal with Saudi Arabia, was spotted out having dinner with friends in San Pedro on Friday night.
The 59-year-old, who was also linked with the overthrow of African dictator Obiang in Equitorial Guinea, was seen eating in exclusive Albert & Simon restaurant.
Regularly seen driving around the coast in his Porsche Turbo, he is said by local sources to have various business dealings in Spain.
He was recently said to have been one of the names handed over to the Spanish authorities after HSBC bank released details of off-shore accounts in Jersey.
Having rented a villa in the exclusive Madronal development for years Olive Press sources say he is now living in nearby Zagaleta, which counts the Mayor of Moscow and allegedly President Putin of Russia as owners.
A short statement issued to the press today read: “It is with great sadness that Mark and Carol Thatcher announced that their mother Baroness Thatcher died peacefully following a stroke this morning.”
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36