POLICE and customs officers have made two record drug hauls in just one week.
In the largest marijuana drug bust ever seen a joint operation between Spanish and Dutch police closed 15 indoor drug factories around the Costa del Sol.
A total of 13,000 marijuana plants were seized as well as 23 properties in Holland and Spain valued at €4.4 million.
Police also took an assortment of luxury cars and motorcycles, valued at €1.1 million, as well as a kilo of esctasy, €24,000 in cash, €2,300 in fake notes and a pistol.
The gang, made up of mainly Dutch nationals used state-of-the-art ‘hydroponic’ equipment at 15 farms along the coast.
The drugs were then exported to Holland, while the gang also imported ecstasy from the Netherlands to Spain.
The haul came just days after officers in Algericas seized 33 tonnes of hashish in a lorry that had arrived from Tangier and was supposedly carrying melons.
The haul was the biggest shipment ever to arrive in a single lorry, and double the largest previous amount seized.
The driver of the lorry has been arrested.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36