THE mother of stabbing victim Dean Fitzpatrick did not attend her son’s funeral due to illness.
Audrey Fitzpatrick, the partner of David Mahon who has admitted stabbing Dean, told the Irish press she ‘wasn’t feeling well’ on the morning of the service.
Mahon, 42, who was also absent from the funeral, was arrested two weeks ago after presenting himself at a local police station in Dublin.
The former Calahonda estate agent told police the killing was an accident and he was acting in self-defence.
Irish police confirmed he is still a suspect and they are preparing a file for the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).
Fitzpatrick and Mahon were later spotted waiting for a taxi outside the apartment where 23-year-old Dean was stabbed to death.
Dean’s death is the second tragedy to hit the Fitzpatrick family following the disappearance of his 15-year-old sister Amy in 2008.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36