“SPEND your time at the festival, not with us.”
With this warning, the British Embassy hopes to alert British tourists of the high danger of theft at Spanish music festivals. Each year, many British music fans travelling to these summer festivals become distracted and do not keep a close enough watch on their belongings.
Dave Thomas, the Consular Director responsible for Spain, advises tourists to avoid becoming victims of theft by keeping valuables with them at all times, and being especially careful of passports and other travel documents.
The UK Foreign Office has posted a number of videos to YouTube with similar warnings. The videos include interviews with victims of crime at these summer festivals. “Lose your passport, lose your holiday in Spain,” cautions one.
- Goya museum in trouble - 13 Aug, 2013 @ 10:00
- Kids’ cardiac threat - 11 Aug, 2013 @ 10:08
- Football match abandoned at World Police and Fire Games - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 10:52
- The last of the Spanish Nazis - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 10:03
- Buena Vista baile - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 09:02
- Sotogrande celebrates half a century - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 15:16
- Staying safe on Spain’s roads - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 12:10
- Snoop Dogg rolls in - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 09:17
- British woman gives birth to biggest baby ever born naturally in Spain - 8 Aug, 2013 @ 14:57
- Keira Knightly takes Spanish vacation - 8 Aug, 2013 @ 12:34