A CHILLING letter predicting Amy Fitzpatrick’s disappearance was sent to authorities before she went missing, it has emerged.
The letter, written by the mother of Amy’s friend, was sent to Spain’s Irish embassy in 2005, three years before she vanished.
“It is probable she will disappear. Amy is scared for her safety,” reads the letter, which was revealed to the Irish Mirror.
The document has emerged just weeks after her brother Dean was killed by his mother’s boyfriend, Dave Mahon.
Just last week, the Olive Press, backed by Amy’s aunt Christine Kenny, launched a new appeal to find the former Mijas resident.
In the hand-written message sent to the embassy in Madrid, a woman who claimed her daughter went to school with Amy raised concerns about the teens welfare.
“She wants to live with her father,” the note continues.
The missing 15-year-old moved to Spain in 2004 with her mother Audrey Fitzpatrick, Mahon and her brother Dean.
Her father Christopher, however, stayed in Ireland.
“It is urgent now that people come forward to discover once and for all what happened to Amy.
“If there is anybody in Spain who knows, who was perhaps too scared to talk before, well please ring us… there shouldn’t be any fear now,” Kenny told the Olive Press.
Irish police are currently preparing a file for the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) to decide what charges, if any, Mahon should face for Dean’s killing.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36