FOLLOWING the border delays created by the Spanish authorities the number of hits on the Gibraltar Government’s frontier queue website reached almost 30,000 on Sunday .
This is ten times more than the number of daily hits routinely experience by the site.
The number of people checking www.frontierqueue.gi started to increase on Thursday 25 July. In the four day period up until the worst delays on the Sunday there were over 28,000 hits from Gibraltar, over 18,000 from Spain and over 3,000 from the United Kingdom.
There were also hits from a number of other EU countries such as Germany, France, Portugal, Ireland and Italy. The website also experienced hits from places as far as the United States, Australia and Japan.
Officials stated that they were considering upgrading the website if the diplomatic tensions continued.
- Loud and Clear: The Costa del Sol Boar Wars have begun says Giles Brown - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- PROTEST WITH NO BULL: Why new year is the perfect time to campaign for change on the Costa del Sol - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- Giles Brown is stuck in ‘festive no man’s land’ - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 09:00
- What NOT to do at your office Christmas party in Spain - 21 Dec, 2018 @ 12:00
- Guests got more than they bargained for at Gibraltar’s Fawlty Towers dinner - 24 Nov, 2018 @ 19:00
- EXCLUSIVE : the Olive Press has Breakfast with Berkoff - 10 Nov, 2018 @ 11:01
- When it rains… - 28 Oct, 2018 @ 12:24
- Watch out, there’s a new 80s revival in town, but don’t except big hair and shoulder pads - 30 Sep, 2018 @ 12:10
- We’ve survived another mad Marbella summer - 15 Sep, 2018 @ 12:00
- TRIBUTE: Remembering Costa del Sol legendary singer Mel Williams - 2 Sep, 2018 @ 16:00