MALAGA’S Museo Picasso has announced an autumn exhibition by Swedish artist Hilma af Klint.
Hilma af Klint. A Pioneer of Abstraction is the most extensive exhibition ever held of the work of one of the main pioneers of Abstract Art.
Ahead of her time, Hilma af Klint (1862-1944) – no relation to Gustav Klint – created an enigmatic body of work that ‘aimed to depict a reality beyond the visible’.
“It still has the power to impress with its forms and consistency, and a wealth of symbolism that confronts viewers with the great eternal questions,” said a spokesman.
After being shown at prestigious museums such as Moderna Museet in Stockholm (where it was seen by 185,000 visitors), and the Hamburger Bahnhof in Berlin, the exhibition comes to Museo Picasso Málaga, and shows the complex artist’s career for the first time.
Hilma af Klint. A Pioneer of Abstraction runs from October 21
- Loud and Clear: The Costa del Sol Boar Wars have begun says Giles Brown - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- PROTEST WITH NO BULL: Why new year is the perfect time to campaign for change on the Costa del Sol - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- Giles Brown is stuck in ‘festive no man’s land’ - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 09:00
- What NOT to do at your office Christmas party in Spain - 21 Dec, 2018 @ 12:00
- Guests got more than they bargained for at Gibraltar’s Fawlty Towers dinner - 24 Nov, 2018 @ 19:00
- EXCLUSIVE : the Olive Press has Breakfast with Berkoff - 10 Nov, 2018 @ 11:01
- When it rains… - 28 Oct, 2018 @ 12:24
- Watch out, there’s a new 80s revival in town, but don’t except big hair and shoulder pads - 30 Sep, 2018 @ 12:10
- We’ve survived another mad Marbella summer - 15 Sep, 2018 @ 12:00
- TRIBUTE: Remembering Costa del Sol legendary singer Mel Williams - 2 Sep, 2018 @ 16:00