MALAGA’S Museo Picasso has announced an autumn exhibition by Swedish artist Hilma af Klint.
Hilma af Klint. A Pioneer of Abstraction is the most extensive exhibition ever held of the work of one of the main pioneers of Abstract Art.
Ahead of her time, Hilma af Klint (1862-1944) – no relation to Gustav Klint – created an enigmatic body of work that ‘aimed to depict a reality beyond the visible’.
“It still has the power to impress with its forms and consistency, and a wealth of symbolism that confronts viewers with the great eternal questions,” said a spokesman.
After being shown at prestigious museums such as Moderna Museet in Stockholm (where it was seen by 185,000 visitors), and the Hamburger Bahnhof in Berlin, the exhibition comes to Museo Picasso Málaga, and shows the complex artist’s career for the first time.
Hilma af Klint. A Pioneer of Abstraction runs from October 21
- LOOK OF LUX: Giles Brown is an expert at picking out a face in a crowd, even in Spain’s Malaga Airport - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 17:03
- Giles Brown is more Christopher Biggins than Christopher Reeve as he learns to fly in southern Spain - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 16:08
- OPEN SEASON: Giles Brown puts up many a guest at his place, but draws the line at garden yurts - 22 Jun, 2019 @ 10:30
- TROLL TROUBLE: Giles Brown is used to insults flying his way, but troll his family and that’s a different matter - 8 Jun, 2019 @ 11:36
- I have never felt more proud of my Burlesque-dancing goddaughter, writes Giles Brown - 25 May, 2019 @ 09:30
- Summer on the Costa del Sol may have to be spent indoors to avoid beach hut blazes and killer bacteria, writes Giles Brown - 12 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- OSP is not just a political party, writes Giles Brown, who has slowly watched the decline of San Pedro - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 12:00
- Giles Brown thought he had left his brushes with the law back in the 1980s - 10 Mar, 2019 @ 10:31
- An idyllic cottage by the lake in Andalucia gave Giles Brown a bit more than he bargained for - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 09:30
- Loud and Clear: The Costa del Sol Boar Wars have begun says Giles Brown - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00